   Re: [xml-dev] XPointer goes to REC

<Quote>
Most people would tell you that XML.ORG has no say as to what others do
with its standards, and that is pure BS.
</Quote>

Hmmm...interesting discourse. But I'm not sure what you mean when you
refer to "XML.org standards"; do you perhaps mean OASIS?

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

todd glassey wrote:

> Is there an XML.ORG policy on allowing its non-standards documents to be
> referenced by any others body???
>
> Most people would tell you that XML.ORG has no say as to what others do with
> its standards, and that is pure BS. The actuality is that if XML.ORG was to
> publish a statement that its Intellectual Properties could not be referenced
> by other standards as part of their processes until they make standards
> status within XML.ORG - that this problem would not be happening.
>
> The people who will object to this will all have financial dependence on
> getting their products to market and that's why they have pushed the W3C
> into backing processes and declarations that have not yet reached maturity -
> This further says that W3C is politically motivated and is not a true
> standards body but one where commercial interests of the insiders are put
> ahead of the standards process -
>
> It doesn't matter whether you agree with the above or not - that one person
> says this publicly is all that it takes to invalidate the envelope of
> propriety around the W3C's operations and make the motivations behind all
> their efforts suspect. And considering what's what - this is a real issue I
> think.
>
> Todd Glassey

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano