From: "Doug Ransom" <Doug.Ransom@pwrm.com>
To: "Xml-Dev@Lists. Xml. Org (E-mail)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 10:11 AM
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Documenting XML Dialects With Instance Documents

I am thinking more along the lines of our RDDL documentation.  We will publish schemas on the rddl page, and publish a sample instance document for illustrative purposes.  There is a bit of a semantic gap for the reader between the schemas and instance document.  Examplotron isn't quite what I have in mind (and it targets Relax, while we prefer XML Schema & Schematron). What I am looking for is a reusable way to create annotated instance documents. As the user navigates the annotated document they see schema rules which apply and some natural language documentation as well.

I could see implementing this as a document which has pointers to or fragments of the instance document and pointers to the relevant schemas bits.