   RE: [xml-dev] XSD: Behaviour of <xsd:unique>

Hello Henry,

I think you are right. However it's not easy for a user if four parsers give
three different results. Now I had to look into the recs myself, and try to
convince the companies of the wrong parsers that they are wrong (which is
the hardest thing to do) ... That was certainly not my meaning, because all
what I needed to do is to write a schema ... pfft ... Before I started with
schemas I thought they would solve all my problems I had with DTD's. The
reality however is that although you have more power, the things I wanted to
do most just are not possible with XSD. And so you have still to write a lot
of code for checks or have to use a combination of XSD and Schematron or ...
I think there is still a long way to go for XSD ... Anyway I am not so
enthousatic anymore, as I was in the beginning.

Ismaël