   Re: [xml-dev] XML's Scylla and Charybdis - parse and regexp

miles@milessabin.com (Miles Sabin) writes:
>FWIW, I once put together a (somewhat over-elaborate) SAX-style API
>which allowed for faithful lexical round-tripping as well as supporting
>layering of SAX/DOM/Infoset/XPath APIs above it.

I'm really glad to hear I'm not the only one working this direction!  Is
your work anywhere public, or buried in the mists of time?

>I'd be surprised if I'm the only one who's done that and I have a hard
>time comprehending what could possibly be supposed to prevent it. So,
>yes ... of course you can have both.

I've talked with people at conferences who've written pieces of the
puzzle, largely in conjunction with Omnimark work, but I suspect there's
a lot of this going on in small pieces.  It'd be interesting to see what
might happen if we could reach critical mass.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!