   Re: [xml-dev] Interpreter for a subset of Knuth's MMIX in pure XSLT

At 10:25 01/04/2003 -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
>>As an exercise in XSLT programming, we in Propylon have implemented a
>>MMIX Interperter (http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/mmix.html) in
>>pure XSLT.
>
>That's way cool.  Shouldn't the output method be text?

Yes. Fixed. We are tracking down a problem with the microcode at the moment
(does not effect
the PI calculation - just the POLAR LIFO examples.) Once done, we will most
likely set up a
sourceforge project to hold mmix-xslt.

>Who's up for benchmarking ...

Good idea, a test-suite is also planned and contributions from the
community will be solicited.

Sean

http://seanmcgrath.blogspot.com