   Re: [xml-dev] XML's Scylla and Charybdis - parse and regexp

Dare Obasanjo wrote,
> That's an empty statement. Lots of applications that are sensitive to
> the lexical characteristics of XML document do not require full
> lexical round tripping.

Sorry, I was a bit vague. Content tweaking/filtering network
intermediaries were my application, and it's because there are lots of
(other) applications which are sensitive to the lexical characteristics
of XML documents that I had to care about full lexical round tripping,
even tho' those other applications didn't.

> In fact, i'd go as far as to say that applications that depend on full
> lexical round tripping (i.e. preserving all whitespace, treating
> attribute order as significant, etc) are in violation of the spirit if
> not the letter of the XML 1.0 recommendation.

Fiddlesticks ...

Cheers,

Miles