   Re: [xml-dev] XML's Scylla and Charybdis - parse and regexp

Dare Obasanjo wrote,
[nb. top-posting fixed for context]
> Miles Sabin wrote,
> > I don't really remember much of these discussions revolving around
> > the preservation or otherwise of lexical information, and where they
> > did, eg. CDATA sections, entity boundaries and comments, it stayed
> > in ... which IIRC is why they're in the Infoset and SAX2.
>
> What infoset? The W3C XML Infoset recommendation describes comments
> as being significant but does not say anything about CDATA sections
> or entity boundaries (unless it is an unparsed entity) being
> preserved.

Did I say that the XML Infoset says anything about CDATA sections?

SAX2 reports all three, and the Infoset records comments and gets part
of the way to external parsed entity boundaries via the base URI
property of the element information item.

Cheers,

Miles