   Re: [xml-dev] Partial documents in tree-based APIs

cowan@mercury.ccil.org (John Cowan) writes:
>Thanks for the plug, but TagSoup is actually about never reporting any
>errors, well-formedness or otherwise.  It is an anti-draconian
>(georgian?) error detector; the only errors it reports are
>IOExceptions.

Sure thing - I just meant that the code base might be a good place to
start.  You're intent on fixing errors, but another programmer might
well want to use similar logic to report them.

>And it does indeed require knowledge of the vocabulary; the default
>vocabulary is HTML.

I suspect this kind of knowledge is necessary for useful error-reporting
about nesting issues.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!