   [OT] W3C Mailing List Reliability

A propos the discussion a few weeks back about suitable alternate hosts for
XML-Dev, of which W3C was one, I have just been involuntarily unsubscribed
from www-svg@w3.org.

If I am reading all the headers and stuff correctly it seems (at a distinctly
non-expert examination) that I was unsubscribed because a message bounced
from someone else's address.

That tends to reinforce my conclusion/prejudice that all mailing lists have
some inherent level of unreliability.

Andrew Watt