   MSXML 4.0 SP1 Testing?

Does anyone know of a straightforward way to specifically test for MSXML 4.0
SP1 installation in IE analogous to the testing for MSXML3 available on
netcrucible.com?

I am trying out some software which runs in IE5.5+ but which, so I am told,
absolutely needs SP1.

The files msxml4.dll, msxml4a.dll and msxml4r.dll are present with version
identified as SP1 but the software under test won't run correctly.

Thanks

Andrew Watt