-----Original Message-----
From: Betty Harvey [mailto:harvey@eccnet.com]

If I could 'bend Microsoft' I would suggest that they provide
a 'developers' version of Office.  This would provide organizations
to develop their own schemas, stylesheets, macros, etc. and allow
their end user the ability to use the developed XML applications
within Word.

This solution would make everyone happy.  Editors and authors don't
want to be in the business of developing applications.

I think WordPerfect (Corel) did a nice job (not perfect) of
including SGML and now XML into the WordPerfect product.  The compiled
XML application could be given to the end user.  The end user could
provide XML data where required but could still use WordPerfect
as a daily word processor.  XML is embedded in the product as
an add-on and those who aren't interested aren't bothered by it.