   RE: [xml-dev] Draft US Government policyon XML Namespaces

Life was context-free, and a single pass parse.
No afterlife.  No divinity.  Just this; no that.
We buried our dead with flowers but did not
expect to see them again.  Neanderthal.

Before zero, counting did not have a context
so the count became unmanageable.  Brutal.
Humans are distinguished, in theory, to be
the animal that can use context such that
law is not absolute.  Decisions are made in
real time.  Nothing makes us Human.

The fact that XML has a root element is mainly
historical.  That can't be said of namespaces.
The purpose of a namespace is to create a context.
The purpose of a root is to capture it.

The Zen of XML is rooting rootlessness, Mike.

len

From: Jack Park [mailto:jackpark@thinkalong.com]

For my money, Len shouldn't have to take his moods elsewhere.
What was the root of all theories before the Arabs gave us zero in the
first place?