   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: White Paper - "Using OWL to Avoid SyntacticRig or Mor

> The subject line of this message, though, suggests pretty strongly that
> some folks see semantics as a way out of a syntactic trap.  I believe
> those folks are fooling themselves at best.

I've written a *lot* of parsers in my career.  Tweaking semantics in aid of
syntactic problems and vice versa is a class of technique I've used
innumerable times.  In fact, many of these techniques are well known and old
hat.  My experience, and that of many others in the field is shows practical
results that belies any notion of "fooling".  I'm sorry if your experience is
different.

I guess I'll just go on fooling myself, since it seems so helpful to my
productivity.

Gems From the [Python/XML] Archives - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/04/09/py-xm
l.html
Introducing N-Triples - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-thi