   RE: [xml-dev] Statistical vs "semantic web" approaches to making sense o

By coincidence I've been writing up a semi-refutation of Cory's 'metacrap'
piece, hopefully ready in a day or so.
Semi-refutation because while I agree with most of his observations, they
take a blinkered, hobbled view of metadata and as result I believe the
general conclusions to be way off the mark.

The factor I think that has most relevance to your post (though I've not
read the links yet)  is that it's not an either/or situation. I personally
believe that the web will start getting *really* useful when the explicit
(semweb) and implicit (Google) meet. A question - do you think Google takes
note of the title of documents it indexes?

Cheers,
Danny.