   RE: [xml-dev] ANN: Article on using RDF to provide extensibility and mod

danny666@virgilio.it (Danny Ayers) writes:
>It will be possible to get the benefits of XML and RDF technologies -
>that the primary serialization of RDF is XML is a big hint.

This is possible now, but not necessarily pleasant for those of us who
don't value the RDF content.

See last week's thread at:

I can use Trang quite easily to support W3C XML Schema-consuming
applications without having to change document structures.  RDF/XML
unfortunately reaches all the way into the markup structures, not just
the schemas.

For me, that's substantial extra work with no added benefit except to
the 5% of my smarter friends who use RDF - and I figure they can cope
with XML.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!