   Re: [xml-dev] Is the XML Linking WG still working in XPointer xpointer()

"Rodriguez, Sergio" <srodriguez@canella.com.gt> writes:

> Hi, all.
>
>   I was studying the XPointer xpointer() scheme W3C Working Draft of 19
> December 2002 <http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xpointer/> and I found in the
> section "Status of this document" the following:
>
> <quote>
> This document has been produced by the W3C XML Linking Working Group as part
> of the XML Activity.
> </quote>
>
>   And in the *home page* of the XML Linking WG (W3C XML Pointer, XML Base
> and XML Linking) <http://www.w3.org/XML/Linking>, it says:
>
> <quote>
> The XML Linking Working Group has completed its work and is no longer
> active.
> </quote>
>
>   So, who's going to finish the XPointer xpointer() Scheme Spec??!! or am I
> missing something?

You're not missing anything.  The W3C Team, in particular the XML
Activity, are responsible for coming up with a proposal for what will
happen next with this work, and then the W3C membership will decide.
No estimate yet of when this will happen.

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team