   Re: [xml-dev] Just say 'mu' to namespace URIs (was Re: [xml-dev] XML1.1

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:41:22 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:

> It seems that new ones (such as WordML) use http, while older ones (like
> vml, XDR datatyopes and some Office server extension stuff) use (broken)
> URNs.

OK, in light of that and Joshua's (enlighted AND informed) comment, I guess
I stand corrected on this point.  Someone else noted that there is pushback
on the use of URNs in the US Gov't XML guidelines, so people in both
Washingtons may be more in tune with the mainstream W3C thinking on this
than I thought.