   Re: King Canute (was: Just say 'mu' to namespace URIs (was: XML 1.1 grin

  • To: martin@hack.org
  • Subject: Re: King Canute (was: Just say 'mu' to namespace URIs (was: XML 1.1 grinds to halt?))
  • From: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 00:56:54 -0400
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:20:22PM +0000, martin@hack.org wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Liam Quin wrote:
> > I think the W3C Team is pretty well aware that we generally depend on
> > others to implement specifications that we publish.  Or maybe you mean
> > the lesson is that we need to *demonstrate* that we are not divine! :)
>
> is XML 1.1 then not a lesson to us, W3C's obedient servants, to stop
> treating the organisation as divine?
>
> just a thought... <smiley/>

I hope no-one treats us as divine.  We try to be accountable, and XML 1.1
has been through several rounds of public review.

I don't mind getting my feet wet (they are almost always bare) but I'm
not a strong swimmer, so if someone is going to sit on the beach, I'll
watch from the back if that's OK :-)

Best,

Liam

--