   RE: [xml-dev] Just say 'mu' to namespace URIs (was Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1

  • To: "XML Dev" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Just say 'mu' to namespace URIs (was Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1 grinds to halt?)
  • From: "Andrew Layman" <andrewl@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:43:02 -0700

Regarding the statement that "... the 'unenlightened' but influential
folks in Redmond WA ... are voting with their feet for URNs ..."

I am always happy to become more enlightened. With that in mind, I have
two questions:

1.	I am not aware of this trend.  What evidence has led you to this
conclusion?  Is there any contrary evidence?

2.	A brief perusal of this thread has not led me to a simple, clear
explanation of what the issue under discussion is, much less a cogent
explanation of on which side of the issue enlightenment lies.  Could you
perhaps aid us by succinctly explaining the crux of the issue, which
answer is correct and the reasons why?  (Or reference such an
explanation if it already exists.)

Thanks.