   RE: [xml-dev] Some random noise on rational type systems for XML

  • To: "Amelia A.Lewis" <amyzing@talsever.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Some random noise on rational type systems for XML
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:41:56 -0700

Simple types are not interesting. As you point out W3C XML Schema does a
decent job in providing the basic simple types. Your rant seems to be
about the fact there are other unecessary and some would say poorly
thought out types in the W3C XML Schema recommendation. Who cares? Just
don't use those types.

On the other hand complex types and relationships between them are
significant aspects of interacting with data and where W3C XML Schema
tends to fall short yet you blow that off. Interesting.

PS: By the way, the only criteria I think is worthwhile for judging a
type system is consistency. This may explain our different perspectives
on W3C XML Schema.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
If at first you don't succeed, imitate.