   RE: [xml-dev] Blended Authentication (AKA "Granular Access Control")

Can you restate this example, clearly delineating when you mean
authentication (the process of identifying the user) and when you mean
authorization (determining the user's rights and privileges)? You appear to
be using authentication to cover both concepts and that makes it impossible
to answer your question.