   Re: [xml-dev] Some random noise on rational type systems for XML

John Cowan wrote:

> james anderson scripsit:
> > [disonant exchange about types, as to be expected as no distinction was made
> > between lexical and value domains]
>
> It was just that distinction of which I was availing myself in denying that
> numbers (as opposed to numerals) are a subtype of strings.

it would help if that distinction were made more explicit.

my remark was not directed at the correspondents, but at the universal nature
of discussions about xml.

perhaps, if more care were taken in the multiple megabytes of specifications
issuing from the w3c, this situation would improve.