   RE: [xml-dev] DIME - Status?

PASWA and XForms appear to be compatible.

In XForms 1.0 we allow binary data submission in one of three ways:
1. As RFC 2388 multipart/form-data, strictly compatible with existing
   RFC 2388 servers (no XML submitted, just name/value pairs and
attachments),
   which is backward compatible with XHTML and HTML form submission.

2. With xsd:base64binary or xsd:hexbinary data in the submitted instance,
   with the structure surrounding the data supplied by the initial
   instance and the encoding chosen by the XML Schema for the instance.

3. As in PASWA and SWA, using RFC 2387 multipart/related, with the
references to
   the binary data declared as xsd:anyURI by the Schema, and structure
   surrounding the data supplied by the initial instance and content
   type available in the instance as well.

Given that there is no normative server-side processing model for XForms,
construction of an XML document compatible with PASWA is a matter of
starting with an initial document containing an empty xmime:MediaType
attribute and a empty xbinc:Include@href declared as xsd:anyURI,
both populated by an XForms upload form control, as illustrated below:

      xmlns:xforms="http://www.w3.org/2003/xforms/cr";
      xmlns:xmime='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/2003/04/xmime'
      xmlns:xbinc='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/2003/04/xbinc'
      xmlns:soap='http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope'
      xmlns:m='http://example.org/stuff'

<head>
  <model xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2003/xforms/cr";>
    <instance>
      <soap:Envelope>
	<soap:Header>
	  <xbinc:DoInclude
	    soap:role='http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope/role/next'
	    soap:mustUnderstand='false'
	    soap:relay='true' />
	</soap:Header>
	<soap:Body>
	  <m:data>
	    <m:photo xmime:MediaType='' >
	      <xbinc:Include href='' />
	    </m:photo>
	    <m:sound xmime:MediaType='' >
	      <xbinc:Include href='' />
	    </m:sound>
	  </m:data>
	</soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>
    </instance>
    <bind nodeset="//xbinc:Include@href" type="xsd:anyURI" />
    <submission action="..." method="multipart-post" ... />
  </model>
 </head>
  <group xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2003/xforms/cr";>
    <upload ref="/m:data/m:photo/xbinc:Include@href" mediatype="image/png">