   Re: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working Drafts

On Fri, 09 May 2003 09:47:15 -0400, Jonathan Robie
<jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com> wrote:

> Let's be clear: the PSVI is not in the XQuery Data Model. Nobody wanted
> the PSVI in the data model, there's a lot of stuff in the PSVI that we
> don't need, and it's defined at the wrong level.

You will perhaps perhaps forgive people who read  section 3.3:

"Some aspects of the data model are dependent upon XML Schema validity
assessment; this document describes how to determine those aspects of the
data model from a Post Schema Validation Infoset. [Definition: A Post
Schema Validation Infoset, or PSVI, is the augmented infoset produced by an
XML Schema validation episode.]."

and remain unclear on this point :-)  You're right of course that there are
many aspects of PSVI that are not there, but "PSVI" is a shorthand for
"validation time augmentation of nodes with XSDL type information" to many
people.

And of course the Right Thing is to read the freakin' specs and make
specific comments to the appropriate w3c comments list!