   RE: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working

At 10:44 09/05/2003 -0700, Michael Rys wrote:
>The data model also can be generated from just Infosets. The instances
>will be annotated with xdt:untypedAtomic for attribute values and
>(currently) xs:anyType (soon xdt:untypedAny or similar) for element
>content type.
>
>So if XSD goes down the drain (what does this mean anyway?)

Shrivels and dies through lack of use, or is overtaken by
a schema that works.

>  XSLT and
>XQuery still work on untyped data.

I remain to be convinced. I've only had a few hours with Saxon 7.4.

XSLT is my concern today.
   I've no idea what xquery want..

>And there is no reason why you cannot add your own built-in type names

I really don't want to Michael.
   The xslt+xpath1 'data model' is adequate for me.

regards DaveP