Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Mike Champion" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,<email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Cranky old farts and the static typing critics (was Re: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working Drafts)
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:01:53 -0700
- Thread-index: AcMWXYiDUKcG5CYwS9mHPo1HcuKAsQABXx6Q
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Cranky old farts and the static typing critics (was Re: [xml-dev] Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 Working Drafts)
By the way, you do realize that static typing is an optional feature of
XQuery that has it's own conformance level as is support for
importing XSD schemas ?
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Mincing your words is a good thing because you may have to eat them
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Champion [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 12:01 PM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> > <Quote>
> > XML-DEV is a festival of cranky old men complaining about
> the "youth
> > of today" and how things were better in the XML world in
> the old days.
> > </Quote>
> "there's some powerful intellectual ferment in progress out
> there. This may be the golden age of programming, as Paul
> Graham argues, and maybe everything we thought we knew about
> strong typing is wrong."
> Just who is a cranky old fart these days, the "XML is just
> text, dammit"
> SGML dinosaurs, or the "Static type checking will solve your
> young turks? As former young turk who is now a cranky old
> dinosaur once put it back in the Dark Ages, "Don't speak too
> soon, for the wheel's still in spin, and the times they are
> a' changin."
> The xml-dev list is sponsored by XML.org
> <http://www.xml.org>, an initiative of OASIS
> The list archives are at http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.xml.org/ob/adm.pl>