   The Pithy Words of Wisdom Challenge (Was: Ten new XQuery, XSLT 2.0 and)

Dare,

You seem to claim that there are no substantive problems with the XQuery/XPath/XSLT triumvirate, dismissing concerns as "irrational FUD".

You also seem to claim that there are no dependencies on XSD Schema. Which I find an interesting claim. None? Really?

So .... why don't you produce a clear, concise ... pithy even :) .... summary of how you see the situation for an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet author who either hasn't heard of W3C XML Schema or hasn't got any serious grasp of it.

Address it to XSLT 1.0 stylesheet authors who might want to upgrade but are a little cautious ... worried even. Tell him / her what will work and what they will need to take into account to write working XSLT 2.0 stylesheets.

I am sure it would make very interesting reading for members of the XSL-List mailing list as well as this list. Dave Pawson, with your permission of course, would likely be happy to post it or a link to it in his XSLT FAQ.

It seems to me that a document which summarises the situation and explains how an XSLT 1.0 stylesheet author can upgrade to XSLT 2.0 would be a much more constructive contribution than sweeping statements about others on the list. Don't you agree?

Are you up for the "Pithy Words of Wisdom Challenge" to rationally and eloquently counter this "irrational FUD" which seemingly so incenses you?

We cranky old men will lean on our cyber walking sticks, smoking our cyber clay pipes and await your response with interest. :)

Andrew Watt