   Unicoded XML out of MS Access

This is a niche question, I agree, but I do not find any specific answers
anywhere. Can somebody please help me?

Tests seem to confirm that Access 2002 stores internally ANSI code. Now if I
export chars higher than 127 (äöüßßáaéa etc.) into a an XML file,
notwithstanding the heading telling IE6 that this is a UTF-8 file, it stops
and outputs an error: "unknown character".

What do I do which is wrong? Can I set somewhere what kind of encoding
Access uses internally? Can I specificy, besides the binary/not binary
option you also describe on your homepage, what kind of encoding I want to
export?

I'd very much appreciate your answer to this question, because I couldn't
find anything at Microsoft, nor by means of googleing around.

Regards,

Matthias