   RE: [xml-dev] What are the characteristics of a good type system for XML

  • To: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What are the characteristics of a good type system for XML?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:52:27 -0700

Defining a type system via the narrow lens of validation is partly the
cause of what many term the "brokenness" of W3C XML Schema and why some
of our devs and testers (of which I used to be one) have had some issues
with the XQuery type system. Watching the same mistake repeat itself on
XML-DEV even with the hindsight provided by W3C XML Schema is oddly like
watching a train wreck in slo mo.

Pass the popcorn.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Any simple theory will be worded in the most complicated way.

rights.