   RE: [xml-dev] What are the characteristics of a good type system for XML

  • To: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>,"Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@allette.com.au>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What are the characteristics of a good type system for XML?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:32:06 -0700

I should point out that I simplified the cases in my geralizations. Many
sophisticated users of validation do want more than regexes and strings
when ensuring that a document satisfies its contract. They want to
ensure values fall within certain ranges and ensure that various
interdependencies are enforced.

There that's it. My $0.02

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Any simple theory will be worded in the most complicated way.

rights.