   Re: [xml-dev] having problems with the "|" in field's element inthe xs:

my broad understanding is:

W3C XML-Schema requires that each field expression return one and exactly
one value.

If we use | it may not be able to ensure this. I would assume that | is
not allowed to be part of field..

Hopefully others well versed with the spec well will answer..

regards - murali.