   Re: [xml-dev] having problems with the "|" in field's element in the xs

Jeff Lowery <Jeff.Lowery@creo.com> writes:

> Okay, just a quick test using the attached schema and document:
>
> XSV 2.0-3:  okay
> SQC 2.1.1:  error (although it's surely wrong):
> <field xpath="act:name|act:desc"/>
>  evaluates to the following two objects which may appear at the same time in
> an instance document :
> <element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="name" type="normalizedString"
> xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> >
>
> <element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="desc" type="normalizedString"
> xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> >
>
> I'm not sure either one is doing a complete job of validating the schema.
> While XSV is the most correct, it doesn't complain if you remove either
> act:name or act:desc from the key's field XPath (neither does SQC).  It
> would seem that it should, since both fields are in a choice model group,
> and if the one in the key field is missing XSV will throw a document
> validation error.

Nothing in the REC requires processors to do static analysis of a
schema with keys in it to determine if the keys are in principle
satisfiable.  This is a hard problem, and it didn't seem necessary to
require processors to solve it.

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team