   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: owl.dtd

The DTD approach only works for carefully constructed OWL documents. I know
this because any RDF document can be considered an OWL Full document and
this was one of the prime reasons to invent OWL DL in the first place. I
don't think it is possible to write a DTD that validates all legal RDF
documents and invalidates all documents that are not legal RDF. It *is*
possible to do this with RELAX NG, however, e.g. see
http://www.openhealth.org/RDF/RDFSurfaceSyntax.html and

You might use this as a good starting point for OWL (or use the RELAXNG
developed for the 'new' RDF syntax).