   Re: [xml-dev] Vocabulary Combination

Arjun Ray scripsit:

> If this is acceptable, then my question is: What is the decision procedure
> by which a generic parser-level filter could generate these views, if it's
> to take namespaced names as a guide?

This is a very interesting offshoot of architectural forms.  I'm going to
mull it a bit more and see what can be done.  Generally speaking the
rule looks like:  the HTML view converts non-HTML elements to their
character data, whereas the books view rejects all non-books elements
including their character data.  There would need to be some document
that specifies this.

--
[W]hen I wrote it I was more than a little              John Cowan
febrile with foodpoisoning from an antique carrot       jcowan@reutershealth.com