   W3C Voting (Was: XML Catalogs finished?)

In a message dated 04/06/2003 12:23:56 GMT Daylight Time, cowan@mercury.ccil.org writes:

It's a stable document, representing the consensus of the committee.
To move it along to an OASIS standard, three OASIS members have to
certify that they are using it, and then a vote is held wherein
at least 10% of the membership must vote yes and no more than 10% may
vote no.

John,

For my education, what is the W3C voting procedure?

From what you write above a technology / specification could be "approved" by OASIS with 89.9% apathy. Isn't that correct? I guess I mean, Is that accurate? Whether it is right or not is a separate issue.

Could the same happen at W3C?

Andrew Watt