   ErrorHandler in SAX2

Hello Guys,

This is my first post to this mailing list and I am new to XML development,
so excuse my knowledge of XML.

I am trying to parse a XML string, get all the values out of the XML and
bind it to an object.  I have managed to parse the string using SAX2 that
was all right.  What I am doing is, I am creating a Hashtable of tag and its
value, by passing the localName parameter from startElement as a key and a
string from characters methods as a value to this hashtable, then I pass
this hashtable to the object which I want to populate, so all this is
working fine.

In error handling, I am validating the received XML string with a XSD, if
there is an error I need to append the namespace with an error code, e.g.

<Name Error="1">xxxxx</Name>

I have set Warning code to 1, Error code to 2, and fatal-error to 3.  I
don't want to stop parsing until the whole document is gone through, i.e. I
want to continue parsing  even the fatal-errors occured.  What I do for
error handling is during the parsing phase I construct a stringBuffer even
there is no errors by putting Error code="0" for example

<Name Error="0">xxxxx</Name>
This means that there is no error, but when an error occurs I set a boolean
as a true in the warning, error or fatal-error method and get the error code
from one of these methods and then append the stringbuffer with this error
code and set the error code back to "0".

The problem I am having is, if I received XML like this
<Name>xxxx<</Surname>
Its an error and a fatal-error as well, so I want parser to raise this as
one error either in error method or fatal-error, because if there are two
errors raised by ErrorHandler methods, then the first element(which created
an error) will get the first error code raised, but the next element which
does not have any error will get the error code raised by the second method
of ErrorHandler for the first element.

Second problem, I am having is to build my error XML StringBuffer, I pass
the localName from startElement method to my constructXML method where I am
building the strigBuffer, but if I received an XML like
this<Name>xxxx<</Surname>  where the tags are not matching I need to build
the same tags with error code in, e.g. <Name Error="3">xxxx</Surname>.  But
I cant find a way to get the "Surname" value from any method.

Any help on these things will be appreciated, particularly second issue.

Thanks

Khurram.