Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: XML Dev <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Benchmarking forbidden?
- From: Tim Bray <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:27:11 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312
I heard an allegation yesterday that you can't publish benchmarks on
MSXML performance without explicit permission from Microsoft. I poked
around a bit with Google and found no evidence. Somebody please tell me
this isn't true. If true, is there a pointer to restrictive language?
Also if true, is it just them or are there XML-related components out
there that have this kind of encumbrance?
Cheers, Tim Bray
(ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)