   RE: [xml-dev] xPath 2.0, XSLT 2.0 ... size increase over v1.0

> Regarding mathematical properties: in particular, closure properties.
>
> The operations being closed under regular tree languages
> might be desirable property..

XSLT/XPath is closed with respect to its own data model. I don't know
how XSLT's data model relates to a "regular tree language", and I'm not
familiar with notations such as (a^n b^n).

Is there any chance you could translate this into XML terminology for
us?

The examples seem to suggest that your concerns are with queries that
generate a sequence of nodes rather than a single node. Sequences are
part of the data model, and the language is closed over this space.

Michael Kay