   RE: [xml-dev] CSS syntax for RDF

Micah, the CSS approach looks promising. It reminds me of the BNFish
concrete syntax used in the OWL Abstract Syntax doc [1], I wonder if some
kind of fusion might be possible.

"I think good hand authorability is more valuable than good tools." Not sure
about that at all. It's very nice to have an easy text representation to
play with, but even then a text editor is a tool. And what use is the syntax
without tools to consume it?

Didier, thanks for the perspective.

> MCF was based on the notion of linkage (at least the latest version). This
> is unfortunate that I do not see that kind of things now. RSS and most RDF
> based system are still seeing the world as flatlands, we need a
> Christopher
> Columbus to show us that flatlands are a subset of a rounded universe. Or
> maybe I should say, since we already got the Columbus, that we need an
> Americano Vespucci with good political skills to give a name to discovered
> lands and status to previous discoveries :-)

I think graphlands is being discovered, albeit slowly (I'm working on a tool
myself to exploit a little of the bigger picture). But all the same, I'm not
sure what we need is a Cristobal Colon (the Spanish rendition always makes
me chuckle) or Vespucci - maybe if some of the bigger carriers were to offer
cut-price transatlantic flights... (i.e. decent tools ;-)

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-owl-absyn-20020729/

----