   Re: [xml-dev] XML Indirection Facility

Robin Cover wrote:

> Of potential interest to XML-DEV readers:
>
> XML Indirection Facility
> W. Eliot Kimber, W3C Note
>
> XIndirect is a simple mechanism for using XML to represent indirect
> addresses in order to augment the core functionality of XLink and
> XPointer without requiring either of those specifications to
> themselves require support for indirect addresses.

I note that this introduces a new QName -> URI mapping -- it should be noted
that QNames are attribute content which gives me a slight whince. In any
case:

[[
If there is no fragment identifier, acts as though
       the fragment identifier "#/" had been specified,
       returning the document root.
]]

Should this be "#" -- a 'bare name'? -- in which case I agree that this is
probably the most appropriate QName -> URI mapping. Otherwise is this
intended to be a bare XPath? e.g. http://example.org/foo#/element-name ?

In any case I am not entirely comfortable with having a QName within
attribute content which is intended to represent a URI, particularly until
we can agree on a 'standard' QName -> URI mapping.

Jonathan