   Re: [xml-dev] SAX driver for JDBC?

On Thursday, Jun 12, 2003, at 02:33 US/Central, K. Ari Krupnikov wrote:

> Does anyone know of a SAX wrapper around (SQL) ResultSet? It appears
> pretty straightforward, but I couldn't find anything in the usual
> places.

I've got a pretty simple one. It's much superior to the IBM one, though
- just takes the raw ResultSet and produces good SAX events rather than
making silly assumptions about what kind of queries you want to make.
(My queries tend to be a bit more complex than "select * from table"...)

This is part of a larger project, which you may or may not be
interested in. There's an overview at
http://www.slamb.org/projects/xmldb/ . In any case, I designed it so
you can use small pieces independently of the whole. Patches welcome
where I've failed.

The Java class lives at
http://www.slamb.org/svn/repos/projects/xmldb/src/java/org/slamb/xmldb/
ResultSetProducer.java

I've got an example xslt stylesheet to transform it to decent-looking
HTML at
http://www.slamb.org/svn/repos/projects/mb/src/WEB-INF/xsl/resultset.xsl

Finally, you can see the results in action at http://www.slamb.org/mb/
. This is a messageboard that has really good code organization and
relatively little code through use of Jakarta Struts, my xmldb thing
(which needs a new name), and a framework thing of mine that does some
of what Apache Cocoon's XSP does, but is much, much simpler.

This stuff is all BSD-licensed. It's not really officially released
yet; working on that.

Comments, constructive criticism, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Good luck,
Scott Lamb