   RE: [xml-dev] Guiding Ideas of XHTML? (Was: xhtml, javascript, hierarchi

>Just curious.

>What do you think the "guiding ideas" of XHTML are?

<script>

new menu object, populate menu with links via array, overwrite specific menu style settings as methods of object.

</script>

the third method is as a general rule the way most dhtml menu scripts work, especially the multi-level ones, by which I mean hierarchical menus such that you can have

   menu–

          --submenu

                       --link

                        --link

                         --submenu

                        --link

                        --/submenu

           --/submenu

        --link

         --link

          --/menu

it was my understanding that with XHTML 2.0 this was especially frowned on, and that method two was not much appreciated either. I suppose also that there are sound reasons to not like this, aside from just a preference for markup, but because I figured you couldn’t programmatically crawl such dynamically generated links, although that is just a guess as I have no experience with spiders, other than quick scripted hacks to download particular sites.