   Re: [xml-dev] modeling, validating and documenting an xml grammar

Joe English wrote:

> What are the real-world use cases of minOccurs and maxOccurs?
> In my experience, occurrence constraints specifying anything
> other than zero, one, or many are almost always an indication
> of a bad design decision somewhere in the system.

Number of living parents,
grandparents,
Number of (one's) kidneys
Digits on left hand
Chambers in heart...
Human chromosomes...

The number of real world uses cases of minOccurs and maxOccurs seems not to
have a finite maxOccurs.

Now, we can often work around limitations in the ability to directly express
cardinalities (e.g. (x,x,x,y,y,y,y) but nonetheless the ability to express
cardinality restrictions does have some good real world use cases.

Jonathan