   Re: [xml-dev] modeling, validating and documenting an xml grammar

Bullard, Claude L (Len) scripsit:

> I grant that in more cases than not, leaving the max
> occurrences infinite works, but wasn't the lack of
> being able to model a finite set one of the precise
> reasons for critiqueing DTD modeling?

It might have been an excuse, but not a reason:  m,n-bounded
repetition can definitely be done in DTDs, though it is
even more annoying than in RNG, where f,f,f,f?,f?,f?,f? is
legal for f{3,7} as it is not in DTDs, where you must
say f,f,f,(f,(f,(f,f?)?)?)?.

--
John Cowan  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com  jcowan@reutershealth.com
All "isms" should be "wasms".   --Abbie