   Re: [xml-dev] Create XML

Rich Salz scripsit:

> Developers should feel safe and comfortable generating XML with print
> statements, knowing that only < and & are special. I'm sure (as your
> article points out), it *can* be more complicated, but in most cases it
> never needs be.

It's safest to treat > as special too, because of the bare possibility
of ]]> in character content.

And of course attribute values need &apos; or &quot;.

--
One Word to write them all,             John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
  One Access to find them,              http://www.reutershealth.com