   Re: [xml-dev] Create XML

> > No.  It's illegal to have ]]> anywhere in character content except at
>
> Dang, you're right.  oops.
>
> > True, although I think it's simpler to just pick one quotation style
> > and escape a single character rather than trying to be clever about
> > using the "correct" quotation mark in each case.
>
> Prob'ly so.  That puts us up to < & > " as special.  Still reasonable,
> I think, even if it doubled my original claim.

Perhaps, but I think this little exchange also demonstrates my point that it's
never as simple as one thinks it is.

If this sort of thing tripped you up, Rich, imagine the potential for failure
by the average programmer.

XML Data Bindings in Python - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/06/11/py-xml.html
Introducing Examplotron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-x
mptron/