   Re: [xml-dev] Attribute Order (Was: Create XML )

David Megginson wrote:
> Personally, I like attributes and I'm glad that we took them from
> SGML, but I won't pretend that there's any justification other than
> stylistic preference.

Does the somewhat controlled fallback behaviour known from some
HTML browsers count as non-stylistic? I mean if an element name
is unknown, strip the tags and all attributes, but continue to
display the child elements, like
   <foo href="foo://foobarizer.com/mega-foo">More Foo</foo>
is displayed as
   More Foo
but not
   foo://foobarizer.com/mega-fooMore Foo