   Re: [xml-dev] Chameleon schemas <include>ing chameleon schemas

Just take the case of the "middle" schema document, contactTypes.xsd.
This does not have a targetNamespace attribute in the xs:schema
element. However, once it has been <include>d, each definition has a
target namespace. This was the differentiation I was making. It seems
to be relevant when interpreting 4.2.1 of XML Schema part 1.

My interpretation has always been the same of yours, but at least one
vendor has stated that this is wrong. Also, another tool does not
handle this case as you say, but has acknowledged this to be an error.

Regards

Paul