   Relax NG annoyances

Why aren't defined patterns named with QNames?  That would make
portability so much easier!  Such as:

] <pattern xmlns:jfc="My Namespace for Patterns">
]   <define name="jfc:mypattern" />
] </pattern>

Why isn't there a more complete datatyping language?  Sure, W3C XML
Schema can often be ugly; however, it can also be elegant too.  Why
can't I specify unions and extensions of XML Schema datatypes?  Why
can't I specify non-whitespace separated lists?  Such as (I.E.
"NCName|anyURI"):

] <list separator="|">
]   <data type="NCname" />
]   <data type="anyURI" />
] </list>

Why can't I do that in Relax NG?  I understand that it was designed to
eliminate perceived annoyances with W3C XML Schema; however, Relax NG
has a bunch of annoyances to call its own.  :-/

--
Jimmy Cerra

] "XML is just syntax, and you can therefore
]  use it any way you like." - Michael Kay

P.S.  If you can, indeed, do the above, then please tell me how!  Sorry
for the rant, too.