   RE: [xml-dev] Bolt-in Type Systems (RE: [xml-dev] Relax NG and Web Servi

  • To: "James Clark" <jjc@jclark.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Bolt-in Type Systems (RE: [xml-dev] Relax NG and Web Services (formerly Joining the church))
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:46:00 -0700
  • Cc: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <clbullar@ingr.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

I'm not sure what you are asking for. If you want a standard place where classes can be registered and discovered by applications there's the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)[0]. If you are asking about a place to store configuration information that is visible to .NET Framework applications there are various standard configuration files[1].

It seems what you are asking for is a way to enumerate all the assemblies on a particular machine and query each for a particular resource file. I'd prefer using  a config file for this or maybe even the registry.

[0] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconglobalassemblycache.asp
[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconconfigurationfiles.asp